Tuesday, September 22, 2015
#CLICK 'n with Casein and a Total Body Sculpting Giveaway ends 10/05/15
I'm sure that you all know by now that I am still on my weight-loss journey. I've had several setbacks due to health issues this year, but I am still pushing toward my goals. I refuse to give up.
I'm quite sure that you all know my greatest weapon is the Espresso Protein Powder from Drink Click. It's my go-to breakfast and late evening snack. This is my life-line when I fall. It keeps me going and keeps me healthy.
Now, I realize that there are other protein powders on the market. I've tried a few in the past. Why didn't I stick with any of them? Because they were all Whey Protein powders. Is that bad? No, not really. But I could NOT get used to the taste or after-taste of those powders. I also didn't care for the way the whey protein metabolizes and I could not get past their inability to completely dissolve -- clumps are just not appealing.
Then I discovered my beloved Click Coffee Protein Powder! What's the difference between Click and other protein powders?
It's the Casein Protein. Casein is a milk protein. It has no unpleasant after-taste, it dissolves completely, and it metabolizes in the most optimum way.
Proteins are composed of both essential and nonessential amino acids:
Essential amino acids must be obtained through food as the body cannot synthesize these.
Nonessential amino acids are still important to construct our body’s proteins. The name just means it is not necessary for us to ingest them because our bodies can synthesize them.
1. Casein’s greatest strength is timing. Casein has the ability to provide your bloodstream with a slow and steady flow of amino acids that could last for hours. Casein is better used at bedtime. While you sleep, you have the greatest opportunity for muscle repair, and casein can aid in that type of repair throughout the night since it produces seven hours of steady elevation of amino acids.
2. A recent study concluded that a 25% increase in casein intake while dieting boosts energy expenditure, protein balance, satiety, and negative fat balance, which is beneficial to body weight management
3. Studies have shown that casein has anti-catabolic abilities. In other words, it prevents or minimizes the breakdown of hard-earned muscle.
4. No unpleasant after-taste or clumping.
Now, I am a big fan of getting in at least two servings of fruit each day and I much prefer it at breakfast. So I just add it to my Click!
Here's my early morning recipe:
1/2 ripe banana
1/4 cup sliced strawberries (frozen or fresh)
10 ounces low-fat milk
2 scoops Click protein powder
Ice (or even better, cubes made from frozen coffee!!!)
1. Assemble ingredients
2. Add milk, coffee cubes, fruit, and powder
3. Blend well!
Drink it up and enjoy!
Now, another thing I have found useful over the years is a community of other women and men who are sharing this same journey. That community is Spark People and I've been a member for several years.
If, like me, you need encouragement, support, and advice then Spark People may help you!
To help you on your weight loss journey, I am offering one winner a Spark People-based workout DVD, Total Body Sculpting.
Just follow the entry instructions below for your chance to enter!
Open to USA, 16+, No PO Boxes. Giveaway ends at 11:59 p.m. on October 5, 2015. All entries are verified.
This giveaway is sponsored by Gathering My Roses. The prize was purchased privately and this giveaway is not associated with or sponsored by DrinkClick or SparkPeople. All opinions expressed herein are my own and based on my own use of and experience with the items.