What soothes and refreshes you? For me, it's a nice, long hot shower or bath... the soothing fragrance of body wash and soaps... followed by a lightly-scented body mist and silky body creme.
Your idea of heaven, too?
It's definitely the idea behind Kio Kio, a New Zealand based companmy that believes in pampering women with the finest ingredients available.
I was invited to try Kio Kio and jumped at the chance. Who doesn't want to feel luxurious?
I was sent the amazing Citrus Petal and Tarata Body Wash and Body Creme. This fragrance has a light, citrusy coolness that is so refreshing in the heat of Southeast Georgia. My favourite time to use it is at night, before bedtime. Oh, I sleep so well...
Tarata was traditionally used as a perfume in thermal pools to revive tired muscles. The Tarata tree has sweet, lemon scented leaves and flowers that were used as potent, scented healing oil when mixed with other native botanicals - and it was also sometimes used as an aphrodisiac!
Kio Kio has four very distinct fragrances, all inspired by the nature and beauty of New Zealand:
*Citrus Petal and Tarata
*Pacific Tiare & Ti Kauka
*Rainforest & Koromiko
*Frangipani & Puriri
From the Website:
Kio Kio’s range of natural bodycare products are designed to soften the stresses of modern living and restore tranquillity. To reinvigorate your body and mind. To take your precious small windows of time and transport you to a clean green land where all your senses are engaged - New Zealand.
Kio Kio believes in being as safe and as natural as possible in it's production:
They use no parabens, no Petroleum derivatives or by-products, no propylene glycol, PEGS, silicones, GMOs, artificial colours, synthetic fillers, isothiazolinone, DEA or TEA, IBPC, harsh detergents or surfactants.
Kio Kio has not commissioned or conducted any animal testing on any ingredients or products.
Kio Kio has generously offered one of my readers a chance to win *2* items of their choice! Just follow the instructions below for your chance to enter to win!
Open to USA only, please!
***NOTICE: You *MUST* leave your email address in the body of your comment or make your email address visible in your profile. If I cannot contact you -- you can't win!***
Please leave a separate comment for EACH entry!
MANDATORY ENTRY: Visit Kio Kio and tell me which two items and which fragrances you'll choose if you win!
1. "LIKE" (Fan) Kio Kio Beauty on Facebook.
2. Follow @KioKioBeauty on Twitter
3. Follow Gathering My Roses PUBLICLY via Google Friend Connect (Located on the sidebar)
4. Follow Gathering My Roses via Facebook Networked Blogs (Located on sidebar)
5. Become a fan of Gathering My Roses on Facebook (link on Sidebar!)
6. Follow @GeorgiaMist on Twitter
7. Tweet about this contest (no more than twice daily, please!)
@GeorgiaMist Win Kio KIO Beauty Products from Gathering My Roses! Ends 7/31/11 http://bit.ly/pVlwU6
8. Post about this contest on your blog and link back here!
9. Enter another contest on my blog and then come back and tell me which one.
10. Grab my button and post it to your sidebar or favourites page!
BONUS ENTRIES!!! -- Want *8* bonus entries?
1. Follow my daughter's new review blog Once Upon a Product Review (leave two comments!)
2. Follow Lizz on Twitter @onceuponreview (leave two comments!)
3. LIKE Once upon a Review on Facebook! (leave two comments!)
4. Follow Once Upon a Product Review via Facebook Networked Blogs. (leave two comments!)
Vote us UP on PRIZEY for a BONUS ENTRY!!!
This contest will be open from Saturday, July 16th until Sunday, July 31st. Winner will be announced on Monday, August 1st.
Disclosure: I was provided with two products from Kio Kio for the purpose of this review and giveaway. I received no other compensation. My opinion is based solely on my own experience and use of the items reviewed.