As I posted earlier, I was blessed to receive two pair of Joya Shoes to review.
They are... amazing. The sheer comfort of these shoes is enough to convert me to them forever.
I received the Venezia -- a very well crafted athletic shoe -- and the Cairo -- a sandal.
The Venezia is the Athletic Show that I reviewed here. To say that I'm impressed with it -- is an understatement!
I was, I admit, a bit disconcerted when I saw the sandals. I grew up on a beach and either went barefoot or wore sneakers or dress shoes. I took a dim view of sandals because they NEVER fit me right -- they hurt -- and I just never liked them.
However, Joya sent them to me and I had to give them a try.
WOW! I am so glad that I did, too! Trust me, these are NOT the typical sandal! The Cairo is constructed with total comfort in mind. You feel like you're walking on a cloud -- just as the designer, Karl Mueller Jr. intended!
*Insole: 3D Mesh
*Midsole: Antibacteria Cool
*Outsole: Natural Rubber
*Sole construction: Active Air Pump
One of the things that won me over was the Three-Point Strap Adjustments at the heel, across the top of the foot, and the toe-box. Being able to adjust the fit of the sandal at these major points is a sure sign that the designers put the wearer's comfort at the forefront.
The sewn-in 3D Mesh insole is fantastic. It wicks away moisture and the small 'beads' have a massaging effect on the soles of your feet. It is simply bliss to walk in these shoes.
Another benefit -- the outsole of the shoe is NOT slick! It's ridged and patterned and it GRIPS the pavement. No slipping and sliding, no worrying about falling. Trust me, in Savannah Georgia (land of the cobblestone), this is extremely important!
For the first time in my life (and I'm 50), I'm wearing sandals. I am enjoying every single minute of it.
From the website:
*The Joya Sole Technology is a revolution. Our motto is: “Step inside, just walk and enjoy.” Due to the unique construction and technology of the sole, Joya needs no instruction manual as is the case with some other technical footwear brands. One does not need to learn how to walk with Joya -- Joya simply learns how to walk and function with its owner.*
***ATTENTION!*** Every 100th person who joins the Joya Shoes Facebook page... also gets a free pair of their choice!
Now, for the best part! The generous folks at Joya have kindly offered one of my readers a chance to win a pair of their shoes! Isn't that fantastic?
If you would like to own a pair of these amazingly well-made, comfortable shoes, then just follow the directions below for your chance to enter and win:
Open to USA only, please!
***NOTICE: You *MUST* leave your email address in the body of your comment or make your email address visible in your profile. If I cannot contact you -- you can't win!***
Please leave a separate comment for EACH entry!
MANDATORY ENTRY: Read my Joya Shoe review and tell me two things you learned about the shoes / company!
1. "LIKE" (Fan) Joya Shoes on Facebook.
2. Follow @joya_shoes on Twitter
3. Tell me which Joya Shoe you'd like to win!
4. Sign up for the Joya Shoe Newsletter on their main page.
5. Follow Gathering My Roses PUBLICLY via Google Friend Connect (Located on the sidebar)
6. Follow Gathering My Roses via Facebook Networked Blogs (Located on sidebar)
7. Become a fan of Gathering My Roses on Facebook (link on Sidebar!)
8. Follow @GeorgiaMist on Twitter
9. Tweet about this contest (no more than twice daily, please!)
@GeorgiaMist Win a pair of #JoyaShoes from Gathering My Roses! Ends 8/5/11 http://bit.ly/r1gnDh
10. Post about this contest on your blog and link back here!
11. Enter another contest on my blog and then come back and tell me which one.
12. Grab my button and post it to your sidebar or favourites page!
BONUS ENTRIES!!! -- Want *8* bonus entries?
1. Follow my daughter's new review blog Once Upon a Product Review (leave two comments!)
2. Follow Lizz on Twitter @onceuponreview (leave two comments!)
3. LIKE Once upon a Review on Facebook! (leave two comments!)
4. Follow Once Upon a Product Review via Facebook Networked Blogs. (leave two comments!)
Vote us UP on PRIZEY for a BONUS ENTRY!
This contest will be open from Thursday, July 14th until Friday, August 5th. Winner will be announced on Saturday, August 6th.
Disclosure: I was provided with two pair of Joya Shoes for the purpose of this review and giveaway. I received no other compensation. My opinion is based solely on my own experience and use of the items reviewed.