These are tips and hints I've discovered over the past few months. I hope they'll help you as much as they've helped me.
1. Fiber Tablets -- I take Fiber Choice -- 6 per day, 2 after each meal.
2. Switch to 2% Milk or Skim (1%) Milk.
3. Mini-Wheats -- make not only a great breakfast, but about 1 cup in a small zip-loc baggie makes a great low-calories, high fiber snack.
4. WATER -- Eight glasses a day minimum!
5. Add one salad a day to your meal plan. Avoid high-fat salad dressings, though.
6. Mix your salads in large zip-loc baggies -- add just one serving (2 tablespoons) of dressing. Shake the bag thoroughly and it will evenly distribute the dressing.
7. Keep a food diary -- this is my greatest tool for watching what I eat.
8. SHARE. Tell your family and friends that you're making changes and ask them NOT to tempt you or derail your plans.
9. MOVE! Just move. Bend over and pick up things... hula hoop... dance to a video... do toe-touches in the shower. Just move!
10. WALK! Start slowly, if you need to do so, then work up to a mile a day. You can do it -- I know, I did it.
I'll post more later. Each day, I learn something new.